Have one on your team?
Symptoms of the A-hole
- Concerned with only their tasks
- Considers their work ‘done’ for a story when their task is complete
- Moves to new stories of their choice
- Feels some tasks to be beneath them
Who is the A-Hole? Look in the mirror. Most of us are at some time or another.
- Feeling a deadline, you push “your stuff” into the build and it breaks.
- Once your stickie is done, you pronounce yourself ‘done’ and move on the next story
- You don’t see anything on the board to do so you:
- Pull in a story of your choice
- Work on things “not on the storyboard”
How to avoid being the A-Hole
- Take the time to ensure your piece WORKS. It builds. The tests run successfully. Then check in your update.
- Your piece works. Is the rest of the story done? Work with your story-mates to ensure the story completes.
- Not sure where to get started on a story? Ask your story-mates. Everyone working in sync makes the story complete faster with better results.
- Realize your priority is to the board and every team member owns every stickie. Consult with your team about where you should go next.
Nobody likes the A-Hole. No one should be one either!